Welcome to BoostCollab!
Last updated: October 22, 2018 BoostCollab is a communication platform designed for asynchronous communication and collaboration in distributed companies. Our mission is to democratize opportunities. At BoostCollab we follow a few basic privacy principles:
• You own your messages. We don’t sell or share your content to others to market their products to you.
• Your messages are private. Only the people in your Organization/Team/Group can see groups that are created and only people in a group can view messages sent to the group.
What Information Does BoostCollab Collect, Use, and Share?
BoostCollab collects personal information from you in order to provide you the Platform. We collect the following information from you when you use our web app and website:
• Personal Information, including your name and your email address. We use this information to facilitate our service and to provide technical support.
• Third Party Personal Information, including the name and email of friends and coworkers you refer to BoostCollab. We use this information to send a one-time invitation to them to join the Platform.
• Billing Information, collected when users upgrade their Organization to Pro. BoostCollab passes your billing and credit card information to a third-party processor that processes the transaction. BoostCollab does not store or retain billing information provided by users. (Pro users: to update your billing preferences, please email us at or send a message to “BoostCollab Support” within the web app.)
• Message Content, including messages you send or receive within an Organization or which you send to BoostCollab or BoostCollab Support. When an Organization is created on BoostCollab, a group is created for all members of the Organization. You can also create a new group in your Organization by sending a message to one or more members of the Organization. Your messages to that group are only available to recipients in that group. If you are removed from the Organization, your messages will remain accessible to other members of the group, unless the group had only 2 people, in which case the messages are no longer accessible.
• User-Generated Content, including images, video, and audio you upload through the service. We pass this content to our third-party processor which stores and processes it. If you are concerned about a specific file uploaded or shared through the BoostCollab web app, please contact us at to review the file for removal.
• Log Data, including your mobile platform, screen resolution, and load time on the web app, and operating system, browser type and version, and IP address on our web platform. We use the IP address to understand your general location and the Log Data to improve our web app functionality, performance, and user experience.
How Does BoostCollab use Personal Information?
We use personal information to provide and improve the service. This includes:
• Using your phone number to send you SMS messages so you can authenticate your account.
• Using personal data to research and improve our Platform and track and analyze trends and usage.
• Preventing fraud and abuse of our system and assuring compliance without Terms and Conditions and Acceptable Use Policy.
• Communicating with you about your use of the Platform and trouble-shooting any problems you may have.
When Do We Share your Personal Information?
BoostCollab does not share user personal information with third-party marketers or advertising platforms. We only share personal information in the following circumstances:
• We share personal information with third-party service providers who provide services to us including payment processors, SMS-based communications, hosting services, and analytic services. These companies are obligated by contract to safeguard any personal data they receive from us.
• We may disclose your personal information if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation, valid legal process (e.g., subpoenas or warrants served on us), or governmental or regulatory request. If we are going to release your data, we will make an effort to provide you with notice in advance through the Platform, unless we are prohibited by law from doing so.
When Do We Share De-Identified Data?
We may share or sell aggregated or de-identified data (data that does not identify you) with partners and the public in a variety of ways. When we provide this information, we perform appropriate procedures so that the data cannot be reasonably linked back to you and we contractually restrict recipients of the data from re-identifying it back to you.
Some web browsers send “Do-Not-Track” (DNT) signals to websites, based on user settings within those browsers. Our Platform does not currently respond to DNT signals due to the lack of industry-wide DNT standards. BoostCollab takes privacy seriously and will review this policy once standardized DNT technology is made available.
Data Retention Policy
BoostCollab collects only the information it needs for business purposes and retains that data as long as necessary for those purposes while your account is active. If you have not accessed your account for 18 months, we will consider it inactive and may delete the personal data associated with the account.
How to Access or Delete Your Information
You own your data. If you need to access or delete personal information stored on our servers, please send us a message at describing your request. Identity verification may be required for security purposes. While some anonymized or aggregated information may not be available, we will review and respond to access or deletion requests within 45 days.
While no service is completely secure, BoostCollab implements industry-standard security processes and best practices, including SSL and device-based encryption where available. In the event of a breach, we will notify affected users as required by law.
Is BoostCollab for Children?
The BoostCollab web app is designed for professional communication in a workplace environment. BoostCollab does not target users under the age of 13 for our services. If you are concerned BoostCollab may have unknowingly collected information of your child under the age of 13, please contact and we will remove the data upon verification.
We strongly believe clear, sensible policies are a matter of trust between ourselves and our users. BoostCollab will notify our users of material changes—any changes which impact your rights—through the BoostCollab web app before the policy goes into effect. If you have any questions regarding the policy changes, please contact us at email@example.com. Continued use of the Platform after the changes go into affect constitutes consent to the changes.
How Do I Contact You?
Need to reach us? No problem.
Boost Dream, Inc.